Sunday nights are bittersweet.
Sometimes I love them, when I feel caught up, squeaky clean and prepped for the week. Scrubbed house, stocked fridge, steamed wardrobe, bathed babe, refreshed mind. There’s beauty in brand new weeks.
Other times, I’m too easily sucked into the Sunday doldrums. This usually happens when I scrambling to get it all done, or perhaps realize I didn’t carve out enough time for fun or myself. Sometimes, two days is simply not enough.
Either emotion, Sunday nights are a perfect time to reflect and give thanks to the One who made weekends. Counting blessings, no matter how big or small, always has a way of making life feel better. Here’s my list.
1. Family. We are so blessed to live near family who visit often. We (and Annistyn) feel so loved by their presence.
2. Fall. I always fall for this season. I know it’s cliche, but crisp air, fall fashion, general coziness and pumpkin-spice-anything really do make me a happy girl.
3. Parenthood. And, I’m not just talking about the (fabulous) TV show. Shaping this sweet, sassy, spunky soul is definitely one of life’s biggest blessings.
4. Their bond. I adore how he adores her. And vice versa. They’re two peas in a pod, for sure.
5. Time together. Summer is my husband’s busiest work season (think 90 hour weeks). It’s exhausting (for both of us). After several months of that, we’re celebrating our simple moments together.
Tonight feels good. It was a weekend full of life and love, and for that I am grateful.
What are you grateful for?